Canada Star Summer School
The Canada Star Summer School features small class sizes and a high quality of education. There is on average 12 students per class.
We accept both domestic and international students. Students are also allowed to preview and audit a course, before deciding to enroll.
If they would like to do this option, this must be indicated on their registration form.
All summer school classes will be held in person.
Registering for summer school is a choice and once registered, students will be expected to participate fully in person for their classes. Any other learning structure will not be possible for summer school.
* Limit enrolment
* Change Teachers/Instructors
* Combine courses if enrolment minimums are not met
* Cancel a class due to low enrolment (less than 5 students)
An email confirming the successful submission of the registration request will be sent to the parent email address listed on the registration form. All other communications will be via the information in your child’s MyEducationBC profile. MyEducationBC is the student data information system used by all BC public schools.
If your child attends a BC public or independent school that uses MyEducationBC, all communication with the child and/or parent regarding summer school will be made using the information currently in the students MyEdBC profile. If any changes are required, you are responsible for contacting the office of your child’s current school or logging into the parent portal to have their profile updated.
If your child attends a school that does not use MyEducationBC, a profile will be created for them for the purpose of summer school. Information from the completed registration form will be used to create the profile.
Canada Star Secondary School is not responsible for any missed communication due to inaccurate contact and address information.
Priority for student placement is as follows:
1. Students who currently attend Canada Star Secondary School
2. Priority for placement in all full-credit courses is based on the students’ grade level, starting with students going into Grade 12
Within each priority category, registrations are ordered by the time/date of the submission of the registration form. We practice a first come, first serve policy for registration.
Canada Star administration reserves the right to adjust priority based on an individual student’s educational needs.
Daily attendance and full participation are required for all classes. Any other learning structure will not be possible for summer school
* Two absences will result in a letter being sent home informing your parents of your absences.
* Three absences will result in no credit for the course.
* Four lates is equivalent to one absence.
Absences beyond two days or behaviour deemed to be inappropriate may result in the student being removed from the program. No refund will be granted if the student is removed for not attending school.
Extended absences for any reason will not be accommodated. These include, but are not limited to work, vacations, sporting events, games or practices, family commitments, or music festivals. Students should not register for a summer school course if they are unable to commit to full-time attendance.
|Preview and Auditing Courses||Same as for-credit courses|
Domestic Payments: Cash, bank draft or private cheque to: “Canada Star Education Group Inc”
Mail To: 11295 Mellis Dr., Richmond BC V6X 1L8
EMT: firstname.lastname@example.org (please make sure you include a note with the student’s name and name of the course registered for and keep a copy of the EMT as proof of payment)
Go to www.canadastarsecondary.flywire.com with your invoice information to make a payment.
Choose local, familiar payment options including bank wire transfer, credit cards, e-wallet and more for most countries and territories.
For any questions, contact the Customer Support Team at +1 800 346 9252 or email@example.com.
Wire transfer to-
"Canada Star Education Group Inc" Bank Name: Bank of Montreal
Institution Number: 001
Transit Number: 3877
Account Number: 1973-357 (CAD)
Swift Number: BOFMCAM2 Code: CC000138770
Bank Address: 3880 No.3 Road #100, Richmond, BC Canada V6X 2C1
Please add CAD$30 to cover bank fees and attach the name of the sender and the name and date of birth of the student.
• Any requests to withdraw must be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A $100 non-refundable fee will be charged for all withdrawals or transfers from a course for any reason.
· If a student withdraws from a class after 4 pm on Wednesday, June 21, 2023, fees will not be refunded.
· Refunds for registrations will be issued by EMT. Please allow 3 weeks for processing.
· Any course fees will be refunded in full if a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrolment.