Some parents prefer that their child live in a private homestay arrangement while they study at our school. In order to ensure students are well supported, private homestay/custodians need to follow the requirements below.
Private Homestay Requirements
• Must be a Canadian Citizen and/or a Permanent Resident in Canada and over 25 years old
• Must live within one hour’s driving distance to the student’s school
• Must provide copies of notarized custodianship forms to the school office
• If there is any change in custodianship and/or homestay, must update the information with the school office
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS AS A CUSTODIAN:
• Provide guidance, supervision and support to the student
• Have regular contact with the student and be available to the student, parents and homestay family
• Be the main contact with the school.
• Handle all the emergency situations and report to the student’s parents and school staff after all incidents
• Ensure student’s regular attendance and satisfactory academic performance.
Private homestay arrangements are expected to follow the BC K-12 International Student Homestay Guidelines put out by the British Columbia Ministry of Education.