Advanced Placement Program
Canada Star Secondary School is launching after-class AP courses in the Fall Semester of 2020
What is AP?
The College Board’s Advanced Placement Program® (AP®) enables willing and academically prepared students to pursue college-level studies — with the opportunity to earn college credit, advanced placement or both — while still in high school. AP Exams are given each year in May. A score of 3 or higher on an AP Exam can typically earn students college credit and/or placement into advanced courses in college.
AP enables you to:
✔ Stand out in college admission
✔ Earn college credit
✔ Skip introductory college classes
✔ Save money on tuition
✔ Build college skills and confidence
✔ Explore potential majors based on your interests
✔ Turn subjects you love into fulfilling career paths
Research consistently shows that AP students are better prepared for college than students who don’t take AP. They’re more likely to enroll and stay in college, do well in their classes, and graduate in four years.
Why should you take the AP courses at Canada Star Secondary School?
- Our school offers a wide variety of AP courses to choose from.
- By taking the courses with us, you will get high school credits from the BC Ministry of Education that you can use for your high school graduation as well as university admissions, even if you don’t take the AP Exam.
- If you decide to take the AP Exam, Canada Star Secondary School is an official AP Exam Test Centre
- AP courses run after regular school hours beginning at 4pm, so you can take these courses after class, without having to change schools if you are not a Canada Star Secondary School student.
- We offer small class sizes with experienced BC certified instructors.
- Competitive tuition fees.
Course Schedule and Fees:
Courses run at Canada Star Secondary School from 4 pm to 7pm once or twice per week, depending on the start date, until the AP exams in May, 2021. Contact us for course timetables and seat availability.
Canada Star Secondary School students:
- Domestic Students: $1,850 per course
- International students: $2,312.50 per course
- Non-Canada Star Secondary School students: $2,800 per course
- Textbooks + Materials printing: $100 per course
How to apply? Please contact our admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for Online AP Preparation courses? We offer online and in person (non-credit) tutoring for AP courses through our After School Tutoring Center: https://www.topuniversitiesprep.com/
Contact our admissions department at email@example.com for details.
Proposed Canada Star Secondary School AP Course List:
Note: Classes will run subject to a minimum of 3 students per class. Contact us for specific course offerings and times.